Although checking us out online is very convenient, it could never replace the warmth of a friendly handshake or hello. Take a look at what we have to offer, but the offer to drop by is always on the table.
In honor of our 100 Year Anniversary in 2003 First National Bank commissioned local artist Tom Miller to create the painting on the right. “Reminisce” prints are available for sale at both of our locations.
The bank known today as the First National Bank of Le Center was incorporated as the Le Sueur Center Bank, a privately owned bank, on May 1, 1901. On June 10, 1903 it was chartered as the First National Bank of Le Sueur Center. The banks slogan was “A good bank in a good town.” The bank was originally located in the building where Le Center Eye Care is now. In 1973 the current building was constructed and the bank moved across the street.l
Through good years and poor years, the First National Bank of Le Center has enjoyed consistent growth through the confidence placed in us by the people of this community and the surrounding area. The bank staff has grown over the years from its three original employees to 22 employees today including the branch office that was opened in 1989 at Kilkenny, Minnesota. The branch is proudly nicknamed the only First National Bank of Kilkenny in the United States.
The Traxler name has been synonymous with First National Bank of Le Center since 1910 when Frank Traxler served on the Board of Directors. Over the years the Traxler family was able to acquire stock in the bank. By 1955, Traxlers owned 51 percent of the stock. First National Bank of Le Center is one of the few remaining family-owned banks in Le Sueur County.