South Haven is a city in Wright County, Minnesota. State Highways 24 / 55 (co-signed) serve as a main route in the community South Haven, a village in Southside Township on the Soo Line, which arrived in 1887, was platted in 1888, and was incorporated as a village on May 2, 1902. This name is derived from its township and from Fair Haven Township and village on the north in Stearns County. Adolph G. Lane was postmaster when the post office was established in 1887.
Wright County lies in East Central Minnesota, bordered on the north by the Mississippi River and the east by the Crow River. Due to its proximity to the Twin cities Metropolitan Area, this County is one of the fastest growing in the state. Farmland, rivers and lakes characterize the landscape of Wright County. The County was established in 1855, and named, after much debate, for New York politician Silas Wright, a former U.S. senator.