The Battle Creek Women’s Club evolved from a Ladies Reading Circle that was formed in 1886. The club has maintained a presence in the community for over 130 years! The current 31 members and 3 honorary members are active in serving the community throughout the year, holding monthly meetings from September through June.
In the past 20 years, the club has enhanced the city of Battle Creek by sponsoring the Christmas pole lights, a name rock for Annie Laurie Park, concrete planters along the main streets, street pole banners, chairs and tables for the community building, a map and directory kiosk for Mt. Hope Cemetery, a large screen and projector for the library and new town signs pictured above.
Our Mission: We strive to entertain, enlighten, educate, encourage, inspire, enrich and empower our members through monthly programs. Our projects include assisting with Christmas at Willow Dale Wellness Village, planting and tending the concrete planters, maintaining Annie Laurie Park and bandstand, supporting the Easter Egg hunt for area children and offering support to the Battle Creek Library, Ambulance, Fire Department and Mt. Hope Cemetery Board.
"Music makes LIFE more beautiful"