The first service for an Episcopal congregation in this area was held in the Methodist Church in "Old Emmetsburg" in 1873. In December, 1879, the present church building was opened. A tornado damaged the church in June, 1882. When the church was repaired, the present spire was added. Trinity Church has been well served by dedicated clergy and laity since the founding of the parish in the 1870s. We are proud that our church building is the oldest church structure still in use in the city of Emmetsburg.