The Martin County Courthouse is located at 201 Lake Avenue Fairmont, Martin County in the U.S. state of Minnesota. It is a Beaux Arts building featuring a high copper dome with four clock faces. The first floor was made out of Michigan sandstone. The second and third stories are built of Bedford limestone. The arched entrance is flanked by polished double Corinthian order columns and topped by a pediment. The building was designed by Charles E. Belland built by J. B. Nelson for $125,000 during 1906-1907. Interior murals of figures representing Peace, War, Inspiration, Genius, Sentence, and The Execution were painted by Franz E. Rohrbeck of Milwaukee. Interior finishing includes marble countertops, metalwork, and stained glass.
The building is connected to the brick and concrete Martin County Security Building by skyway on second level, and by tunnel below ground, at basement level. The security building provides space for police and detention, and was designed by 1972.
The building is 79 feet (24 m) by 116 feet (35 m) and rises 50 feet (15 m) to the top of the roof, then 58 feet (18 m) to the top of the dome.
The building is located on Lake Avenue at Second Street, in the western side of the city of Fairmont, on a hill overlooking Lake Sisseton.