In 1880, Tracy was established with a population count of 322. Horses, oxen and pure human energy powered the growth of both city and countryside. After a disastrous fire in 1891, a new Tracy welcomed the steam engine and the horseless carriage, which pushed and pulled this community into the new century. In 1977, a small group of citizens embarked on the long and often frustrating task of erecting a memorial to those hardy pioneers who stayed with this, often wild land.The purpose was to collect wheels from all facets of their lives, agricultural, railroad and automotive...plus all the little wheels, which helped this country grow and prosper. The Wheels Across the Prairie Museum opened its doors on June 1, 1985, to share the story with visitors. Now you can visit the Amiret Post Office, check out our Car Barn with antique tractors and vintage automobiles. View the power of nature and the horror of the 1968 tornado in pictures. Stop and examine the machinery used by farmers in the early 1900's. Our village continues to grow...we've added the Murray County School House (District 91), an 1897 train depot from Volga, SD, the Sundquist summer kitchen, the Springdale-Imker blacksmith shop, and St. Mark's Church.