The first Mass at the original Holy Name Church was on the Feast of the Holy Name, possibly in 1890. It was dedicated on August 17, 1890. The parish grew over the years and in 1963 ground was broken for a new church building. The new Holy Name Church was dedicated on Sunday, March 14, 1965. From 13 families in the early 1890’s, Holy Name has increased its membership to about 120 families. Each generation of parishioners has worked and grown in the grace of God, brought to them by good and faithful priests. As each generation has made way for the next, it has contributed, in its time, to the material, social and spiritual welfare of the community.